Two years ago, with the help of some amazing friends, we launched The Hope Effect to help change orphan care around the world.
Since then, we have raised over $350,000, built a family-style home for orphans in Honduras, opened our first international office in San Luis Río Colorado, Mexico, and hired the Director for our Efecto Esperanza campus. All while using 100% of your donations directly for orphan care projects.
Tuesday, November 28th is #GivingTuesday. And we are excited to announce that we will be using funds raised on that day to organize and lead a Family Based Solutions Conference in Sonora, Mexico for orphan care professionals, government representatives, and community leaders in 2018.
If caring for orphans is something that excites your heart and you would like to play a role in bringing about more family-based solutions, 100% of your donation on Giving Tuesday will support this important conference.
There are two ways to give:
- Celebrate Giving Tuesday with us on Facebook. These donations will be matched.*
- Donate through The Hope Effect website.
*As an added bonus, donations given through The Hope Effect Facebook page on #GivingTuesday will be matched by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Here is some important info to help us maximize this opportunity:
- Maximum amount matched is $50,000 for The Hope Effect.
- Maximum match per donation is $1,000.
- The Gates Foundation is matching THE FIRST 2 million donated on Facebook. Therefore it is important to make the donation as close to 8am ET as possible.
- There are no processing fees on Facebook for the #GivingTuesday campaign.
- Donations must be made on The Hope Effect Facebook page through the DONATE button.